Coin Collecting Resource Logo

1943 three pence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Coin Collecting Forum Forum Index -> New to the Hobby
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amerigo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: 1943 three pence Reply with quote

I found this coin at work. I don't know what country it is from, but it is brittish or brittish commonwealth. I have found many with the image of George IV on the obverse, but none with what's on the reverse.
It looks like a five petal flower with a shield on top. The shield has a large cross in the middle of it.
The obverse says, "Georgivs VI D:G:BR:OMN:REX".
The reverse says, "FID:DEF:IND:IMP 1943 THREE PENCE".

If you know what this is, where it came from, &/or what it's worth; please let me know.
Thanks a million.

Amerigo
limey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: 3 pence coin Reply with quote

hello , i am a novice but i may be ablle to help you a little. it sounds like you have an english 3 pence coin the ones i am thinking of are bronze in colour and have about 8 sides on the perimiter. i found an american coin yesterday in a local park with my metal detector,american forces were stationed in this area prior to the d-day invasion in 1944. the coin looks like a washington quater..cant make out the date and on the reverse is an eagle with spread wings,the coin seems to be copper coated with silver ,,,i hope the g.i who lost it survived ww2....regards mike...from plymouth area in devon england
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Coin Collecting Forum Forum Index -> New to the Hobby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: