Scanner VS Digital Camera
Taking coin pictures with digital camera
- Fix your camera with a tripod and use macro mode or macro lense to take coin pictures
- Don't even try to use internal flash of the camera, it will reflect from coin surface and you will never get a good coin photo
- Use LCD monitor when taking coin pictures, you
will be able to preview depth of field
- Cross-lit the coin to bring out details
- Switch to aperture priority mode and select a small aperture such as f/8 (F8) this will increase depth of field and show details of the coin better.
(NOTE: Remember smaller the aperture bigger the F number)
- Use Adobe Photoshop or any other image editing software to resize these photos. You can do it very fast with free
Image Resizer by Microsoft.